June 16-18, 2017
the Soaring Eagle Retreat
Next door to The Great Serpent Mound Park
Soaring Eagle Retreat,
375 Horner Chapel, Peebles, Ohio 45660
Wish to Camp?
The public is asked to check camping availability at the nearest campgrounds first, as our space is limited - Woodland Altars, Mineral Springs, Long’s Retreat, and Cedar Trails Nudist Retreat. Drummers and Full-Time Weekend Volunteers planning to camp should register early to assure a spot. Be aware there is drumming on both Friday and Saturday nights that last until 12 am. Friday night honors the Native American Drum and Saturday night honors the International Style.
This is primitive camping at the edge of a field, with no electric or water at your site. This year there will be a Community Tent that will offer a place for a coffee pot, hot plate, table, and charging area for phones. There will also, be a water tank. Tents are preferred, but a few RVs are possible (again, no electric). To keep the cost low we are asking $10 per tent per night and RV’s and campers are $20 a night per day. In addition, each person needs to sign up for an hour of volunteering. We have several areas one can help with – greeter, gofer, harold, parking guide, helping set-up (Thur. & Fri.) or take down tents (Sun. & Mon.), daily trash duty, nightly security duty, EMT volunteering, or other areas.
The Summer Solstice Celebration is to promote the multitude of aspects associated with Serpent Mound, from who made it to how is it used today! This is a Public Festival! We are looking for individuals that would be interested in helping us educate the public in areas of…
If you have, a special talent in a field mentioned above that would help us improve the festival, one can fulfill their one-hour volunteering requirement with a 30-45 minute demonstration, hike, or other way. Please, explain what you would like to offer on the registration form and we will inform you if it will qualify thanks!
To primitive camp with us you must register ahead.
There is a $10 per tent per night fee for tents and $20 a night for RV's or campers.
Please feel out this form. And print and mail in with payment or pay via PayPal:
FOSM encourages the public to park at and visit Serpent Mound before joining the festival. Anyone camping should enter Soaring Eagle Retreat from Horner Chapel Rd. Stop at the registration tent next to the Cedar tree in the middle of the field, or visit the FOSM tent BEFORE setting up your tent, please.
Festival Rules: (For everyone.)
- This is a family friendly event - there is to be NO alcohol, drugs, guns, or nudity!
- Children are welcome and must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- There is no smoking in the Main Tents or within the group hikes. There are proper places to put one’s cigarette butts, so please do not throw them on the ground.
- There is to be NO Indian Policing or Politics permitted – All Races, All Religions, All Our Relations
- Dogs are permitted, but must be leashed at all times, next to owner, and must be cleaned up after.
- The back gate to the Serpent Mound Park will close at dark, no one may re-enter until daylight.