June 16-18, 2017
the Soaring Eagle Retreat
Next door to The Great Serpent Mound Park
Soaring Eagle Retreat,
375 Horner Chapel, Peebles, Ohio 45660
Wish to Drum?
Even before the Summer Solstice Celebration moved to Soaring Eagle Retreat, the public had been attending open International style drumming. When FOSM moved to that location we incorperated their drumming into our Festival. I few new rules had to be established, however. After a few years, we started looking for Native American Drums to play, so that the public could learn and understand that there is a difference in style and edicate between the two.
Over the past two years, we have been blessed to find groups that have been great at educating. Please contact Delsey Wilson if you have a Drum that you would like to bring.
Friday Night Native Drum and Dancing
Saturday Night Open International Drums and Dancers
Saturday Night it does not matter if you play the djembe, bongo, frame, hand, or powwow drum, we offer an open drumming area and time. Drumming connects one to the heartbeat of Mother Earth in many types of beats. The goal is to become one sound, one rythem, with our Mother Earth.
Anyone needing to camp (this is primitive) must register ahead of time!
There is a $10 per tent per night fee for the public to camp, however if you will be drumming or dancing then your fee will be waived. Please feel out this form and return it ASAP, as spots fill up fast.
FOSM encourages the public to park at and visit Serpent Mound before joining the festival. However, the Drummings will go on past time we are allowed into the park, so please enter Soaring Eagle Retreat from Horner Chapel Rd and park in the public parking area. If you plan to camp stop at the registration tent next to the Cedar tree in the middle of the field, or visit the FOSM tent BEFORE setting up your tent, please.
Festival Rules: (For everyone.)
- This is a family friendly event - there is to be NO alcohol, drugs, guns, or nudity!
- Children are welcome and must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- There is no smoking in the Main Tents or within the group hikes. There are proper places to put one’s cigarette butts, so please do not throw them on the ground.
- There is to be NO Indian Policing or Politics permitted – All Races, All Religions, All Our Relations
- Dogs are permitted, but must be leashed at all times, next to owner, and must be cleaned up after.
- The back gate to the Serpent Mound Park will close at dark, no one may re-enter until daylight.